The free tests are being funded through an agreement between the Illinois Department of Public Health and SHIELD Illinois using federal relief money.
Community testing is available between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday in the Student Union (west entrance). Designated short-term COVID-19 testing parking spots are available in Lot G (west of the Student Union) and Lot J (east of the Student Union).
UIS strongly encourages community members visiting UIS’ testing site to pre-register by visiting the SHIELD testing portal at shieldilportal.pointnclick.com. Click “sign up for an account” and enter agency code df5brbrj.
Here’s a few things to know about SHIELD testing at UIS:
- Testing is for non-symptomatic individuals who are not isolating due to COVID-19.
- All samples will be sent to a Springfield lab, with results sent to each individual tester or their guardian within 12-18 hours.
- There is no age limit to participate in SHIELD testing; however, younger children may require more time to deposit their sample.
- All visitors must wear a face covering over their mouth and nose as they enter and leave the testing site.
- Testers should not to eat, drink, use tobacco, brush their teeth, or use mouthwash 60 minutes prior to submitting a sample.
For more information, visit the UIS COVID-19 testing website at uis.edu/covid-19/testing/.